1. OWNERSHIP. This Website is owned by CSEA, Inc. All materials contained in this Website (the “Materials”) are either owned by or licensed to us and are protected by intellectual property and other laws. We retain all proprietary rights to the Materials. This Website is copyrighted. All rights are reserved. Except as expressly authorized by us, any use, copy, reproduction, display, performance, modification or retransmission of the Materials is strictly prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may download the Materials for your personal non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all proprietary and other notices.
2. INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE. This Website provides information about CSEA and may include data regarding our services, information pertaining to (among other things) our members, information about the labor movement, legislative campaigns, and third-party resources and services that may be of interest to users of this Website.
3. SERVICES. This Website provides access to a number of professional and other services offered by CSEA and third parties that may be available to members, including reference and educational information. This Website does not, directly or indirectly, provide advice or guidance with respect to such services, including, but not limited to, financial services including mortgage and real estate matters, insurance and pension plan benefits, or legal issues. This Website makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality or reliability of any services provided by third parties to you that may be accessed through use of this Website. We are not an insurance company, nor do we make any decisions about insurance policy coverage criteria, specific insurance policy terms and conditions, or premiums or other payment obligations in connection with any insurance policy, plan or program or any pension plan benefit for which you may apply through the use of this Website. All such determinations shall be made solely by the applicable insurer or plan administrator. Commentary and other information contained on this Website are intended to be for general academic and illustrative purposes and are not intended to guide the decisions of any individuals.
4. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS WEBSITE. We may at our sole discretion change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Website at any time, including the availability of any Website feature, database or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict users’ access to parts or the entire CSEA Website without notice or liability.
6. INTERNET USE. You should be aware of the general risks of transmitting information over the Internet. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your requirements for accuracy of data input and output, backing up of data, and protection from “viruses,” “worms,” “trojan horses” or other malicious or damaging computer software or actions.
(a) Using this Website for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal or international laws;
(b) Collecting information about others without their written consent;
(c) Engaging in any conduct that aids or supports, or is intended to aid or support, a competing labor organization;
(d) Using this Website for any purpose in violation of the CSEA Constitution and By-laws;
(e) Engaging in any other conduct that is contrary to the purpose of this Website or, as determined by CSEA, in our sole discretion, that exposes CSEA or any other person or entity related to CSEA and/or this Website to any liability or detriment.
8. NO ENDORSEMENT. We do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, content or other information displayed, distributed or otherwise accessible on or through this Website. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum or information shall be at your sole risk. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this Website.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. We make no warranty of any kind concerning the functioning of this Website, or the information contained on this Website or any other websites linked to it in any way. We assume no liability for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon information or services obtained through use of this Website. Operation of this Website and any information on this Website is provided “as is,” and fully permissible by law, all warranties, express or implied, including fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement of intellectual property rights, are disclaimed. Without any limitation of the forgoing, we do not warrant that the functions contained in this Website or any materials or content contained therein will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the service that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components. As some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, some of the above may not apply to you.
11. LIMITATION OF REMEDIES. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION, FUNCTIONS OR SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Since some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, some of the above may not apply to you.
13. COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT. All content on this site is protected by U.S. Copyright and may not be copied without the express permission of CSEA, Inc., which reserves all rights. It is the Website user’s obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing material found on this site. Re-use of any of the content on this site for any purpose other than your own personal and non-commercial use is strictly prohibited. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content in whole or in part. The materials from this site are available for personal information and non-commercial use only.
© 2018 CSEA Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Unit 8785 -
CSEA Unit 8785, PO Box 1947, Southold, New York 11971